Air conditioners are complex pieces of equipment, which rely upon flawless operation of a large number of moving parts, as well as secondary components such as intake fans, unobstructed ductwork, and so on. The failure of one or more components, even something as simple as a blocked air filter, can result in substandard performance.
While many things can go wrong with an air conditioner, it’s easy for homeowners to know when it’s time for an AC tune-up:
- Your air conditioner has been breaking down frequently or is unreliable.
- Your AC usage hasn’t changed, but your power bills are going up.
- Your AC’s repair costs have been climbing.
- Your air conditioner simply can’t keep your home comfortable during hot summer weather.
The important thing to keep in mind is that when you notice your air conditioner isn’t operating as it should, don’t wait to call us. While your problem may not worsen for weeks or months, on the other hand it could be symptomatic of damage that will become more expensive to repair the longer you wait.
Besides, if you live anywhere in Central California, air conditioning isn’t an option. Do you really want to live in a hot house with ever-increasing power bills and no comfort to show for it?
What an air conditioner tune-up involves.
When you call Gilmore and schedule an AC checkup, your service expert will perform the following services:
- Inspect blower wheel, compressor, evaporator coil, outdoor coil, and ductwork
- Check supply and return air temperatures
- Check the filters and thermostat
- Take the amp draw of the indoor and outdoor fan motors
- Take the amp draw of the compressor
- Inspect refrigerant lines and measure refrigerant pressures
- For heat pumps, check the operation of the reversing valve
- Check the air handler and look for air leaks
- Inspect the control boards
- Check the compressor contactor
- Check condensate drain lines
- Test run capacitors
- Check starting devices, drain pans, and fuses
- Inspect electrical wiring
- Check condition of compressor windings
- Inspect breakers and service disconnect
- Evaluate the safety of electrical connections
You may or may not know what much of the above means, but what we want you to understand is that we take the tune-up process seriously. That’s because we know how important proper AC maintenance is, and the degree to which it can improve your system’s performance.
You can contact us to learn more about our residential AC Tune-Up and, or to go ahead and make an appointment. But don’t wait! Delaying necessary maintenance can result in expensive repairs and pricey power bills. Let the experts at Gilmore ensure that your air conditioner is running efficiently and effectively!