Heater Tune Up
Is your heater not running as well as it used to? Maybe you have to pull on a sweatshirt even when you have the heat cranked up, or the vents occasionally blow out messy dust and debris. If you have questions about how well your heater is running, it might be time to get it tuned up!
There are a number of common problems that can plague even new furnaces and cause them to work inefficiently, such as:
- Soot buildup in the combustion chamber, resulting in a loss of performance
- Heat exchanger damage and cracking, which can not only reduce performance, but lead to increased carbon monoxide levels
- Ignitor tubes becoming clogged with debris
- Buildup of dust and debris in flues and ductwork
- Thermostat sensors failing to accurately measure temperature, causing the furnace to run improperly, or not at all
- Noisy operation due to obstructions, burner problems, or mechanical issues
Call one of our technicians out for a simple tune-up, and he or she can diagnose and solve all of these problems and more. Our techs have top-level training and are courteous and respectful of your home. We’ll listen to your description of the problem, look into possible causes, and report back to you on our findings. Then, we’ll help you decide on the best course of action to solve them.
Did you know that it’s a good idea to get your furnace inspected and tuned up at least once a year? Before you use it in the fall, let us come take a look at it. We will make sure that there aren’t problems that you can’t see, so you will be able to count on having heat all winter long. Taking care of your furnace isn’t hard, but it does require some regular maintenance to most effectively keep you warm.
Sometimes, you will need these regular inspections to maintain the manufacturer’s warranty on your furnace. Make sure you read the fine print of any materials you have, and call us at the intervals specified in your documents. We’ll do everything the manufacturer requires, to their specifications, and make sure your warranty remains valid.
No matter what the problem is, the furnace experts at Gilmore are here to help. Our professionals are ready to help you out anytime. Give us a call and schedule your heater tune-up at your convenience, so you don’t have to worry about the comfort of you and your loved ones, no matter what the weather’s like outside.