Performing maintenance is normal when it comes to our cars and even our bodies, but many of us forget about it when it comes to our homes. However, the systems that we need, like heating, cooling, plumbing, and electricity, can all do with a regular tune-up. Did you know that it’s a good idea to get your furnace and entire heating system serviced at least once a year?
When you call us to do your furnace maintenance, we’ll find a time to come out that’s convenient for you. When we get there, we’ll look at your whole heating system. This includes the furnace and the thermostat, and any other pieces you might have questions about.
We’ll do standard things, like replace your filters, and we’ll also look for anything that might be going wrong. This gives us the chance to fix your furnace before you lose your heat entirely and spend too much time trying to get warm this winter.
Still not convinced? Here are some times when it’s a really good idea to have your heater tuned up.
- Your furnace is over 10 years old. Tune-ups are especially important in older units because these are more likely to die on you during the winter. We’ll catch any problems early and get them repaired now, rather than later. In fact, we’ll do everything we can to keep your older furnace running well for as long as possible.
- Your furnace is under warranty. If you have a newer furnace that is still under warranty, you may need to have regular maintenance to keep that warranty valid. We’ll perform the inspection according to the manufacturer’s outline so you can keep your warranty intact.
- Your furnace struggled last year. If you remember having problems with your furnace last year or wondering if it was working well, be sure to get it tuned up before you try to use it this year. The tune-up will take care of any lingering issues so you don’t have to worry this winter.
- You don’t know when your last tune-up was. If you have just purchased your home recently or you don’t remember when you last had an HVAC tech out to look at your furnace, give us a call before you use your heater this year. Problems are more likely to build up over time, so letting a professional take a look first will help ensure that you have heat all winter long.
Even if your furnace runs well and heats your home effectively, a tune-up could help you save money. In order to spend as little as possible on electricity, you need to have an efficient furnace. Even if your unit is older, it might be able to run more efficiently than it does right now. The following problems can cause heater inefficiency, and we would detect all of them during regularly scheduled maintenance:
- The igniter tubes become clogged. Cleaning these can save you valuable money on your energy bills.
- Soot builds up in the combustion chamber. This makes it harder for your heater to work well, so it requires more energy and may have to run longer to achieve the same level of heating.
- The heat exchanger is damaged. This can not only raise your energy bills but may also cause higher carbon monoxide levels in your home.
Having your heating system tuned up may seem like a waste of time and money, but it can save you big in the long run. You can end up saving money on energy bills as well as time and stress spent trying to get your heater repaired in the middle of a long, cold winter. Give us a call or contact us today to schedule your heater tune-up before winter comes!